Meet Coach Brett
As an ultra-endurance athlete, I've taken on some huge challenges. When you listen to the podcast or hire me as a coach, this is the guy behind ZenTri:
- First Texan to swim the length of Lake Tahoe. 22 miles long (1 mile longer than the English Channel) and at 6,300 feet elevation.
- (10x) Ironmans, seven of them solo self-supported.
- (1x) 100 mile trail run finisher.
- (6x) 50 mile trail run finisher.
- (11x) Half Ironmans.
- Age Group Nationals Olympic-distance qualifier and finisher.
- Escape from Alcatraz qualifier and finisher.
- 100 mile mountain bike race finisher.
- Dozens of shorter distance triathlons, many with podium finishes for age group.
- High school State Finalist freestyler and swim team captain.
- USAT Certified Triathlon Coach.
- Host of the first, longest-running, and award winning Zen and the Art of Triathlon Podcast.
- Host of annual training camp.
- Father, husband, full-time jobber, and soccer coach.
- Three years U.S. Marine Corps and Navy ROTC and JROTC.
- Eagle Scout and wilderness survival expert.
- Former lifeguard.
- Masters degree in whiz-bang computer techy stuff. :)
People who work with me find me to be extremely helpful, knowledgeable, and enthusiastic to make things happen. You can't ask for a better guide out there on workouts or race day!